Professional Speaking Topics
For church groups:
- Individual Faith Time. Are you finding it difficult to spend time with God? Maybe you just need a change. We explore ideas such as meditation, prayer journals, Bible journaling, and devotions to see if we can find a unique, personal way to spend more time with God in a way that is meaningful for each one of us.
- Family Faith Time. We explore the idea of family devotions and how it can work for any family. How can we adapt to our needs as our family grows and matures but the schedules get more difficult? Let’s build a customized plan for your individual family. (Done with large or small groups, we work through a handout that adapts to each family’s needs.)
- Katie Luther: Another View of the Reformation. Let Katie’s interesting life inspire and encourage you as Christian women.
- Rested. Renewed. Restored. Our Shepherd makes us rest in green pastures and leads us beside still water. We can be rested, renewed, and restored in a chaotic, stressful world when we intentionally seek the Shepherd and allow ourselves to be blessed by Him.
- NaNoWriMo: A Novel Approach to Teaching Writing. How can you take this fun, whirlwind of an idea and use it in your school? I’ve worked with students from 3rd grade through 12th grade, and they loved the unique, quirky approach to writing. It’s a blast!
- Growth Mindset: What does it mean for Christian schools? How do we encourage a growth mindset and still keep our biblical views of God-given talents? What about finding our strength in Christ rather than ourselves? How does it all work together?
- Writing Devotions in School. You can successfully guide your class or even your entire school through a devotion-writing exercise that will end up with a booklet of devotions to send home with families, give to prospective students, and share with your congregation. It includes a great development of writing and editing skills along with putting faith ideas on paper in a meaningful and inspiring way.
- Writing Devotions. How can you express your faith, inspire others, and possibly get paid? We’ll explore some basics of how to write devotions as well as talk about the markets and how some of them are unique and different than others.